Carbon plates are used for reinforcing concrete, wooden and fiberglass composite structures. Lightweight, resistant and easy to implement, they are an ideal solution in complex environments.
Fibers for plates
Toray Carbon Fibers Europe plates are based on a wide range of Torayca® fibers: high resistance, intermediate modulus or high modulus. For specific applications, other fibers can also be used (glass, aramid, basalt fiber).
Resins for rods
Toray Carbon Fibers Europe has developed a wide range of pultrusion resins that are perfectly compatible with Torayca® carbon fibers: Epoxy, Polyester, Vinylester, Polyurethane. These resins are functionalised to meet specific requirements such as appearance, colour, electrical properties, impact resistance, fire resistance, temperature resistance and bio-compatibility.
Type of resins
|Standard epoxy||Tg 110°C, good cost/performance ratio|
|High temperature epoxy||Tg 250°C, great resistance to thermal oxidation|
|Vinylester||Resistance to corrosion and alkaline environment|
|FST epoxy||Resistance to fire, smoke and toxicity|
|Phenolic resin||Resistance to fire|
VARIOUS PROTECTIVE AND SURFACE FINISHES ARE AVAILABLE
- MARKING: plates can be customized in line (printing of Logo, Customer Reference, Batch No. etc.).
- BONDING: upon request, a surface treatment can be carried out to improve subsequent plate bonding.
- PROTECTION: the surface of the plate can also be covered with a peel-ply or a PST type plastic protective film.
TORAY CFE plates are available in a variety of dimensions, ranging from 0.8 mm to 20 mm in thickness and from 5 mm to 400 mm in width.
- fixed length (individually packaged on a coil),
- ready-to-use kit,
- larger lengths up to 10 km max packaged on a reel.